The below policies are applicable to the CA Bridge website and any other pages associated with the CABridge.org or Bridgetotreatment.org domain however the Website is accessed and/or used, whether via personal computers, mobile devices or otherwise, and other interactive features, applications (including mobile applications), or downloads that are operated by CA Bridge (“we” and “us”) that are made available by us.
This policy may change from time to time. When it does, CA Bridge will revise the date at the top of this page. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
What information we collect
As a general matter, you can browse the Website without submitting information by which you may be personally identified. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may elect to provide us with information such as your first and last name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”).
The following lists the most common ways in which we collect your Personal Information.
- When you sign up to receive email newsletters or other communications from us;
- When you participate in surveys, or research;
- When you register for and participate in our programs, activities, initiatives, web forums and events;
- When you request information or assistance;
- When you send an email or call us (including one of our employees) through the contact information provided on the Website;
- In conjunction with employment inquiries or applications;
- When you interact with the Public Health Institute pages or accounts on social media platforms – e.g., click on our social media links and/or provide information to us on those accounts;
- In conjunction with any verification of your account information;
- In conjunction with investigations into any activity that may violate the law or the Website’s terms and conditions;
- When you communicate with us through the Website;
- In conjunction with any other place on the Website where you knowingly volunteer Personal Information.
- When you interact with the Website, we may keep an activity log that does not identify you individually (“Non-Personal Information”) through the use of aggregated data.
Generally, we collect the following categories of Non-Personal Information to understand and enhance how visitors use the Website:
- We collect and store certain information about the devices used to access the website, such as computer, mobile device, or other device. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information;
- We automatically log certain information about use of the Website. This information includes a reading history of the pages viewed by users;
- We collect and store additional “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses; and
- We collect and store search terms and search results.
- We also collect and store certain other Non-Personal Information regarding our users’ use of the Website so that third parties may provide us with reports and analysis regarding usage and browsing patterns of the Website.
How we combine your information
We may combine information gathered from the Website and information that we have received, gathered, acquired, or stored from other sources, both information collected offline by CA Bridge and information received from third parties—including information that currently exists in our files—into a single user record. We also may use and/or combine information that we collect offline or receive from third-party sources (e.g., contact information from government funders or grantor information) to edit, enhance, and/or check the accuracy of your user record.
How we use your information
We use the information we learn from our users to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Website. We use Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
- Responding to your inquiries;
- Communicating with you about your account or transactions with us and sending you information about features on our Website or about CA Bridge;
- Communicating with you about changes to our policies;
- Sending you newsletters, mailings, and information about programs, initiatives, activities, and events by email or another medium;
- Processing your employment application;
- Event or program registration;
- Optimizing or improving our programs, services, and operations;
- Verifying your account and account activities;
- Detecting, investigating, and preventing activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- Performing statistical and demographic analyses of users of the Website and their usage patterns; and
- Managing our organization.
How we share your information
CA Bridge adheres to the highest standards of ethical practices in all our operations and is dedicated to protecting the privacy of all visitors to our Website. We don’t sell, barter, give away, or rent your Personal Information. Except as disclosed below, we don’t permit anyone outside CA Bridge to use or access your Personal Information, and in all cases we only share your Personal Information where it is in the legitimate interest of furthering CA Bridge’s mission.
CA Bridge Uses third party service providers and independent contractors to help us operate the Website and administer activities on CA Bridge’s behalf, such as collecting donations online, processing applications for employment, or providing analytics, maintenance or site improvement and operational support. These third party entities may have access to Personal Information necessary to perform their function, but are required to protect the confidentiality of the information and to use it only for the limited purpose for which it was provided.
If you believe that Personal Information you provided to us is being misused by a third party, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may also use or disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Website; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Website, or our users; and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, our agents, or the users of the Website or the public.
We may use web beacons or flash cookies on our Website. A web beacon or flash cookie (sometimes referred to as an “action tag” or “single-pixel GIF”) is an invisible graphic on a web page or email newsletter that is programmed to collect non-personally identifiable information about your use of a given website or newsletter, e.g., whether you opened the email. Like cookies, web beacons allow CA Bridge and its technology providers to summarize overall usage patterns for our analysis and provide personalized services to you. We do not share or provide personally identifiable information we may collect through such web beacons, such as names or email addresses.
We do not allow third party cookies.
CA Bridge strives to protect the transmission and storage of any information submitted by visitors to the Website. But no transmission and storage of data is completely secure, and submissions are at your sole risk.
Children under the age of 16
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website through any of its features on the Website, and do not provide any information about yourself to us, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 16, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
GDPR and personal information
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is a European Regulation concerning the use and processing of Personal Information. We are committed to processing your information in compliance with the GDPR.
We will use reasonable efforts to securely process all Personal Information in line with the rights specified under the GDPR, in particular those related to the following requests:
- Access to your Personal Information;
- Correction of the Personal Information that we hold;
- Deletion of your Personal Information;
- A restriction of processing of your Personal Information;
- Transfer of your Personal Information to another party; or
- Objection to processing of your Personal Information based on CA Bridge’s legitimate interest (or those of a third party) to use it and there is something about your particular situation that causes you to object to such processing.
If you have any questions or requests regarding this policy, if you would like to change your preferences, if you no longer wish to receive email updates from CA Bridge, or if you believe CA Bridge has erroneous or incomplete information about you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org